This version of the 'Hodson Light Box' is a complete kit of parts but includes a mini 240/12V transformer that permits the Light Box to be used on mains power. The transformer is so small that it fits inside the styrene foam housing with the balance of the standard kit.
Apart from the inclusion of the transformer, this item is exactly the same as HL2060-001.
NSW Physics Syllabus Reference
Module 3: Light and Thermodynamics
Ray Model of Light
- Conduct investigations to examine qualitatively and quantitatively the refraction and total internal reflection of light (ACSPH075, ACSPH076)
- Predict quantitatively, using Snell’s Law, the refraction and total internal reflection of light in a variety of situations
- Conduct a practical investigation to demonstrate and explain the phenomenon of the dispersion of light
- Solve problems or make quantitative predictions in a variety of situations by applying the following relationships to:
- 𝑛𝑥 = 𝑐 𝑣𝑥 – for the refractive index of medium 𝑥, 𝑣𝑥 is the speed of light in the medium
- 𝑛1 sin 𝜃1 = 𝑛2 sin 𝜃2 (Snell’s Law)
- sin 𝜃c = 𝑛2 𝑛1