Use this specific heat set to calculate the specific heat capacity of various metals.
This specific heat set has five different materials, all with the same mass (80 g). Each has a hole to tie a loop of string to hang the samples in water.
- 1x Aluminum 1.25” d x 1.5” h
- 1x Brass 3/4” d x 1.5” h
- 1x Stainless Steel 3/4” d x 1.44” h
- 1x Zinc 3/4” d x 1.58” h
- 1x Copper 0.625” d x 1.8” h
NSW Physics Syllabus Reference
Module 3: Light and Thermodynamics
- Analyse the relationship between the change in temperature of an object and its specific heat capacity through the equation 𝑄 = 𝑚𝑐ΔT
- Apply the following relationships to solve problems and make quantitative predictions in a variety of situations: – 𝑄 = 𝑚𝑐Δ𝑇, where c is the specific heat capacity of a substance